[partner wanted] entering Sat 8/19 for 4d/3n - Italy Pass

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
janeway
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

[partner wanted] entering Sat 8/19 for 4d/3n - Italy Pass

Post by janeway »

Hello all!

I'm looking for a partner for a Sierra trip next weekend. I have a permit for Italy Pass with entry on Saturday 8/19, and I would like to do a three-night trip (exiting Tuesday 8/22).

I'm an experienced backpacker working on my snow travel and class 2 and 3 off-trail skills; ideally that description fits you too! Is anyone interested?

(pic for your enjoyment! It's from a 7d Skurka guided trip that I did a couple weeks ago. I'm heading up the chute that separates the Silliman Creek drainage from the Tablelands. TR is in progress.)

Last edited by janeway on Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JM_395
Topix Newbie

Re: [partner wanted] entering Sat 8/19 for 4d/3n - Italy Pass (+Gabbot?), or Mono Pass, or Cottonwood Lakes (Langley?)?

Post by JM_395 »

Hey there! I was just on a Skurka guided trip that wrapped up last week. So much fun! We also visited the Tablelands along our route. Fantastic shot btw! I’m super interested in another trip next weekend if you’re still looking for a partner.

FYI, I don’t seem to be able to send private message but if you wanted to reach me directly through email or text, my name is Joe M. and I am listed on the Client Contact Spreadsheet that was created for the California trips. I was in the CA ADV 3C group. I too am refining my class 2 & 3 skills as well as getting more comfortable on snow. I am ready to take on the Sierra High Route next August if that helps you gauge my experience level with cross country travel.
janeway
Topix Novice

Re: [partner wanted] entering Sat 8/19 for 4d/3n - Italy Pass (+Gabbot?), or Mono Pass, or Cottonwood Lakes (Langley?)?

Post by janeway »

Awesome - hi Joe! I was on CA ADV 2D and I'm Danielle in the contact spreadsheet. I reached out to you over text. Hope to talk soon!
janeway
Topix Novice

Post by janeway »

Partner found - thanks everyone! I hope to catch you out there sometime.