Benson loop plus stubblefield

Backpacking and camping basics and other general trip planning discussion for the uninitiated. Use this forum to learn where to look for the information you need, and to ask questions, related to the beginner basics of backpacking and camping, including technique and best practices.
damu21
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Benson loop plus stubblefield

Post by damu21 »

I have 5 days 4 nights the first week of october. my first time to this northern area of yosemite. id say im a level 2 backpacker comfrotable with some class 2 easy off trail stuff. im thinking to start at twin lakes go clockwise across mule and burro pass, down to smedburg and over to seavy pass. from here i want to head over into kerrick canyon maybe find my way into stubblefield canyon or, just hit tilden lake. then back to the main loop up kerrik meadow back to TH. im okay with some easy off trail nav.

or would it make more sense to just do a big loop from twin lakes up to walker meadow down dorothy lake, over seavy and benson pass then up matterhorn back to twin lakes? i want some solitude and 15-20 miles a day. i could have an extra day if itd make a difference.