Inyo Fire Restrictions End 9/29

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Inyo Fire Restrictions End 9/29

Post by maverick »

Inyo NF:
Inyo National Forest fire management staff is lifting Stage I fire restrictions starting this Friday, September 29. This includes land within Inyo National Forest only.

“Due to above average fuel moistures for this time of year, low fire activity, favorable weather conditions now and in the foreseeable future as well as increased availability of suppression resources, we will be lifting seasonal fire restrictions,” said Larry Pingel, Fire Management Officer for Inyo National Forest.

“While these conditions are no longer cause for higher fire danger, we still urge everyone to minimize wildfire potential when recreating on the forest. Recently, as the night temperatures begin to drop, we have encountered an uptick in our firefighters responding to unattended campfires on the forest that could have turned into wildfires.”

Always remember:
• Campfires must be supervised and controlled at all times. Only leave when fully extinguished.
• Campfires must have at least ten feet of flammable material cleared around it.
• To reduce impacts to the landscape, if available, use of existing “rock rings” are preferred rather than creating new ones.
• Certain activities are prohibited year-round. For example, possessing, discharging, or using fireworks or pyrotechnic devices are prohibited.
•A valid California Campfire Permit is still required: www.readyforwildfire.org/permits/campfire-permit/
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org