[partner wanted: 10/20-22 2023]

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
flame_mistress
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

[partner wanted: 10/20-22 2023]

Post by flame_mistress »

Greetings! Anyone interested in a short (1-2 night) backpacking trip in the Sierra next weekend (10/20-22)?

Happy to work out specific location and logistics with anyone so inclined... I have ideas that work for me, but I'm certainly flexible for adding another person into the mix.

A few things to help narrow it down:
-I'd be coming from the Bay Area and would want to aim for somewhere where the driving time doesn't take up too much of the trip (so no east side or too far south).
- Also, my focus is on the beauty and the solitude, not peak bagging or pushing the limits of my endurance. Looking to do something on the order of 7-10 mile days Saturday/Sunday, and maybe a few on Friday (probably can't get to a trailhead before ~4pm).
- Prefer to aim for higher elevations, if you are amenable to the cold. Don't let this be the deciding factor, though, if the first two criteria fit!

Let me know a bit about what you'd like to do if you are interested.