Ventana/Los Padres transportation

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
paul
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Ventana/Los Padres transportation

Post by paul »

Does anyone have any experience with transportation around the edges of the Ventana Wilderness ? Considering the idea of some sort of poin to point trip in there, and wondering how I might get back to my start other than hitchhiking.
bobby49
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Ventana/Los Padres transportation

Post by bobby49 »

I have avoided going into Ventana for many years now. Too many ticks and too much poison oak.
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Harlen »

When might you be going Paul? We'll be out of town beginning tomorrow through about the 6th of April. Any time after that, and I'd be more than happy to meet you and shuttle you back to your car. We live within an hour or so of northern Ventana, and love like to get down there. Are you heading in from Botcher's Gap, or where? I still owe you for getting me those great skis. Besides that, our friend whom you met to pass on the skis says you are super cool. :nod: Shoot us a PM if you like. Ian and Lizzie.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
paul
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by paul »

Ian - thanks for the offer. But it won't be this spring, I am pondering for future years, and have not figured out yet just where I would go in or come out, except for the basic idea of doing both off of hwy 1 to make things simpler.