Question: resupply service to Little Five Lakes, Sequoia NP

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
YosemiteW
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Question: resupply service to Little Five Lakes, Sequoia NP

Post by YosemiteW »

We are looking for a pack station who could provide a resupply service to Little Five Lakes in Sequoia National Park. Several years ago, we got a resupply from Mineral King Pack Station, but they seem to have closed business.

I contacted Horse Corral Pack Station and Cedar Grove Pack Station, but for them, Little Five Lakes seems too far for the service. The person at Cedar Grove Pack Station told me that there would be nobody today who provides resupply services by mule to Little Five Lakes. I am a bit surprised because there is a ranger station at Little Five Lakes and I wonder how rangers on duty at the station would get resupply.

We are going to take young boys from 13-16 years old to the area, to do a loop from Mineral King (Timber Gap to Franklin Pass) for 7 days. Instead of carrying all the food, we would like to have a resupply in the middle of the week, if possible.

If anybody has information or reference, that would be really appreciated.

Thank you.