SSSdave 2023 Trip Chronicles now uploaded

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

SSSdave 2023 Trip Chronicles now uploaded

Post by SSSdave »

UA00323-00335-1x2hw.jpg
After 2 months of occasional coding per below link, have uploaded my 2023_Trip_Chronicles pages that contains 5 new pages. The link for 2023 work is on that home page top right. Also at top left is a link "David's Youtube videos" that at this point just links to a number of GoPro 8 1080p Heavenly resort snow skiing videos. As a long time elite recreational bump skier, most videos are of mogul skiing or skiing fresh powder. However I do have numbers of short Sony A6000 videos from 10 years of backpacking trips that will eventually be uploaded.

https://www.davidsenesac.com

https://www.youtube.com/@davids1586

Once again I brought back exceptional spectacular images this year of 2023, especially about the southern Carrizo Plain region. My www.davidsenesac.com website currently has over 7,100 files using 2.0 gigabytes of web space, all of which I manually HTML coded as text files. Most personal web sites use hosting site canned applications to higher level code personal websites with purposely usually difficult to analyze code made such by complex Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) files. I manually code so because as someone that worked over 4 decades in Silicon Valley electronics, mostly within engineering groups, I learned to do so while the Internet was being developed while also coding in C language and UNIX shell scripts for years. On one's browser, one can look at my relatively easy to digest code by entering a SOURCE viewing mode. Also note, I've been retired for 7 years so every day I wake up now is Saturday and now at age 74.6 everything I do is slower haha.

The new 2023 pages cover work from 3 regions, Pacheco Pass, Carrizo Plain, and our San Jose Municipal Rose Garden. For those viewing on sizeable monitors, especially 4k monitors, will encourage also selecting the "enlarged vertical slice view" links below each image to see how sharp the 100% images are versus the downsized for web images shown. That high detail is due to focus stack blending from usually F4.0 to F5.6 apertures shots of my sharp prime lenses that is where those lenses are sharpest. And note, I do not shoot RAW but rather jpg because when focus stacking rose a decade ago, there were not any RAW options for focus stacking. In any case, RAW would add little as the Sony A6000 has an excellent jpg rendered output if set up in the default accurate mode.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Re: SSSdave 2023 Trip Chronicles now uploaded

Post by SSSdave »

This morning uploaded Pages 6 and 7 on my 2023 Trip Chronicles Pages.

https://www.davidsenesac.com/2023_Trip_ ... les-0.html

That adds work from a 6 day Ritter Range backpack and 2 days of work about Pothole Dome in Tuolumne Meadows. Above is one of those images I call "The Coneheads".

Uncertain whether I will be going out on any more day trips or backpacks this year of 2023. I've been rather busy here in the San Francisco Bay Area with music events and am in any case at age 74.9 not too motivated doing the long drives to the Sierra Nevada, especially given the horrible gasoline costs. I will be working on adding videos to both some of this years and other trips that I have a huge backlog of. Each video I upload to my youtube account ( https://www.youtube.com/@davids1586 ) requires rather tedious processing with Adobe Premiere 2021. To this point just have snow skiing videos.

Since moving from 4x5 film view camera work to my Sony A6000 digital system in February 2014, I've been rating digital images on a 10-point scale 0.5 to 5.0 at half point increments. That is implemented so in order to reflect the Adobe Bridge CS6 star system instead of say a 1.0 to 10.0 numerical scale. My ratings process is my own personal style that reflects a 10 point scale I used for film work. That shows I've rated 28% of my images at a level of at least 3.5 and 5.8% at the highest value 5.0. I've been rating images for so many decades that I can do so rather quickly however some rated image values change. Note, I don't display those values on my website.

Each year as my digital focus stack blending and multi column row stitch blending has improved, more images have tended to be higher rated. 2023 has been a productive year despite just one backpacking trip due to excellent spring work. Also since 2020 when the pandemic began, I've been working the San Jose Municipal Rose Garden late April into May that has added many strong images. When I begin publicly exhibiting using Windows PC workstations with Display Port 2.1 graphics cards to drive large 8k displays, it will only be showing images rated in the 3.5 to 5.0 range. Those are images I've also fully documented in my 20XX Trip Chronicles web pages and Excel files with much EXIF data and descriptions so that it will be easy to verbally provide ready at hand information for each image on a complementary 4k display as individual images are displayed on adjacent 8k displays.

91923a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Harlen »

Once again I brought back exceptional spectacular images this year of 2023,..... :eek:

I'm sure it must be very fine indeed David, Congrats.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
kpeter
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by kpeter »

The images from the Carrizo Plain are spectacular. The contrasting flowers are unreal. And the "snake in the grass" is more than classic. Thank you for sharing!