off the beaten path in the Winds?

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
Chipippi
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

off the beaten path in the Winds?

Post by Chipippi »

Hello fellow mountain travelers,

I have just joined HST spurred on by reading posts referring to Wandering Daisy and her book. I found out the book was "Beyond Trails" which I have been studying and using for several years. What an amazing book! I have returned to the Winds every year since my first trip there in 2016. This year I want to try going in from the north but I'm also interested in getting to Europe Canyon in the central Winds. Most of my trips are solo but would be interested in finding hiking friends who like to get high and stay high exploring on and off trail. I'll being going to the Winds in the last half of August. Anybody else heading there or any current trip reports?
robertseeburger
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: off the beaten path in the Winds?

Post by robertseeburger »

Hi Chipippi.

Welcome to the forum. I just returned and published a trip report. You should look at the forum beyond the Sierra for wind river information.