Looking for contact for transportation back to Cottonwood Pass

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
dbogey
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Looking for contact for transportation back to Cottonwood Pass

Post by dbogey »

Leaving in a few weeks and was looking for a possible shuttle driver that I could contact in case I do not make my destination due to unforeseen circumstances. Leaving Cottonwood on the 7th of Sept and heading NOBO on JMT. If I have to bail, does anyone have a contact that could get me back to my vehicle?

Thanks.
Dan
Just another day in paradise
bobby49
Topix Fanatic

Re: Looking for contact for transportation back to Cottonwood Pass

Post by bobby49 »

The major auto route is US395. From wherever you are, get to that highway first.

I've picked up lots of backpackers hitching between Cottonwood Pass and Lone Pine. Either they were on the JMT and just needed to get out to Lone Pine for a few days, or else vice versa.
dbogey
Topix Acquainted

Post by dbogey »

I've been up and down that section a few times and have been out over Shepherd, South Lake, Sabrina, and Onion Valley. I was hoping there was someone on the forum that I could possibly call or someone they know would shuttle me if needed. Of course, I'd $$ them.
Just another day in paradise
CAMERONM
Topix Expert

Post by CAMERONM »

JosiahSpurr
Topix Regular

Post by JosiahSpurr »

. I would be happy to provide transportation between US Highway 395 and the Sierra high country as needed. I'm a third-party delivery driver and can skip work to accommodate the needs of hikers. This is a standing offer, and I frequently travel through Owens Valley. Anybody is encouraged to PM me for a ride. I don't charge anything and have several 1980's Mercedes diesels that just slowly grind up steep roads. *