Status of Cherry Lake/Shingle Springs TH?

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
kpeter
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Status of Cherry Lake/Shingle Springs TH?

Post by kpeter »

I am thinking of a trip over Labor Day that would depart from the Shingle Springs trailhead. Earlier this year I remember that the road from 120 over to the dam was closed somewhere, and in prior years the Shingle Springs TH has often been closed.

Does anyone know the status of the road and the TH? I will give Groveland RS a call in a few days, but thought I would check here first to see if anyone had an eyewitness account.
Last edited by kpeter on Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
kpeter
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Status of Cherry Lake/Shingle Springs TH?

Post by kpeter »

I called the Groveland Ranger Station and Shingle Springs trailhead is open. However, Cherry Creek Road is still closed, so one has to get to Cherry Lake via Cottonwood road coming in the long way from 108 rather than up from 120. It is about a 90 minute drive from 108, so it adds about an extra 45 minutes vs the Cherry Lake Road from 120.
tomba
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by tomba »

Tuolumne County Road Closure Status
Found it when looking for info about Old Priest Grade closure.
-- Found trash? Please pack it out. Thank you.
cmon4day
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by cmon4day »

Just got back from a trip into Cherry Creek Canyon. Was there a week ago. We came out the Kibbie Ridge TH. The road to the TH from the dam is open.
IMG_4210 copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.