transportation options to Wishon Reservoir

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
abauer253
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

transportation options to Wishon Reservoir

Post by abauer253 »

I am planning a trip for this summer from Wishon Reservoir to Bishop Pass. I will be flying in from the east coast and do not want to rent a car. What are the options for getting from Fresno to the Wishon Reservoir? Is Uber a realistic option? Are there private transportation companies that will take me there? Any advice would be helpful.
zacjust32
Topix Regular

Re: transportation options to Wishon Reservoir

Post by zacjust32 »

I would recommend calling the Wishon Village RV park and seeing if they have any solutions. They may be able to put you in touch with someone going down to Fresno for resupplies. Otherwise I think your only solution is posting here and coordinating a ride with a private party. It's a 2 hour drive from Fresno, so I'm not sure any Uber driver would be willing to do that. There may be other ride-share services that will, but I'm not sure.

When are you coming in? I'm in Fresno and can maybe work something out depending on the day.
abauer253
Topix Newbie

Post by abauer253 »

Thanks for the thoughts. I'll be coming in from Philadelphia. I'm just in the early planning stages now but I appreciate your offer to help!
Dave_Ayers
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Dave_Ayers »

I suggest talking to Jim Clement (https://vvr.place/hikers/sierra-mountai ... index.html), he may be able to help or know of someone who can. You might also consider starting at Edison or Florence instead of Wishon.