New Window/Tab?

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

New Window/Tab?

Post by BSquared »

Didn't most people's links (like to a SmugMug album) used to open automatically in a new window or new tab? I don't think I've changed my own personal preferences (either in my browser or on this board), but I think since the software upgrade most TRs open right in stream—not what I expect, nor is it the best way to handle it, IMHO. Is this something that's changed, Eric, or am I making it all up?
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: New Window/Tab?

Post by ERIC »

It's something that's changed. But it's a snap to simply right click on the link and select "open in new window" or "open in new tab".

The majority of people have popup blockers which prevent new windows from coming up when a link is clicked. A big problem is that many of the people who have popup blockers don't know how to set them up properly or how to disable blocking for certain sites. I have received many complaints in the past from people who were not able to open a particular popup link. I've had to spend quite a bit of my time individually helping each of these people disable their popup blockers. This is why the decision was made to implement standard transfer links.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: New Window/Tab?

Post by BSquared »

Your argument makes excellent sense, and as you say it's no problem to open links in new tabs—as long as I know I have to ;)